Wednesday, July 21, 2010

process

Howdy all!

I think I FINALLY got some good shots. It's only of the new stuff (so far) but I'm really proud of 'em. I think I got the detail, lighting and framing just right this time. Hopefully it'll reflect itself in interest and sales!

Ever wondered why it seem to take forever for some of my works to get from idea to active listing? Sometimes there are design issues, sometimes it's a custom order (or 8) but often it's just the fact that it's labour intensive! I do everything from idea to finish alone; no assistants, no helpers, nobody making components or taking pix or writing my shop stuff. Just me. Often even on an 'easy' day it's a chore on the days when I'm working on my faux pearls well amp that up by 100x! I make each faux pearl from clay, then bake, then coat it to give it shimmer, then multiple upon multiple layers of finish to seal the shimmer in and then it's on to the rest of the creating. I like to finish as I go to choose specific to each piece but I've begun coating ahead very recently to help me get things out to you a wee bit more efficiently. Here's a peek at some pearls as they wait drying.
On that note I've got to leave you so I can attempt to find the necklace part for my pendant. Sounds easy but remember I'm not that simple, lol!
peace, blessings & furry kisses
xo
I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note, don't be shy!