Sunday, April 4, 2010

checking in

It's been a few days longer than I'd planned to go without checking in here to say hello and see what everyone was up to. Sorry about that. I'm distracted with a course I'm taking that requires homework. Yes, I said homework! LOL, it's been a while since I had to get my brain in that mode. I also decided it was time to rip up the carpet on the stairs going from the main to top floor. I dislike carpet to say it nicely. Great idea since there is hardwood through the whole house (just buried under something) but this layer went carpet, sheet vinyl (very well stuck) and on the upper landing just for fun, a layer of linoleum then my beloved hardwood! It is an effort to say the least. I have been having success with boiling water to get the remainder of the generously applied and cured adhesive from the treads but have had to resort to some chemical thing for taking it off of the risers. It is slow work. The rewards will be so worth it though!
After the upper stairs are done I swear I'll get the grout on the lower landing then tackle the horrid laminate on the main floor (as the hardwood is just underneath it so it should be fairly easy). Then the lower stairs and kitchen then my room or something like that, lol's.
Happy chocolate bunny day everyone!
Got to get a bit more done so I'm off for now.
peace, blessings and furry kisses
xo
I

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the stairs! We've been meaning to do that too.....trying to save our pennies. I'm not a fan of carpet either. Cute rugs are fabulous though ;)
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note, don't be shy!